LFC Wellington and the #KeepWellingtonBeating campaign complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further
information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Terms in this policy are those defined in the Terms & Conditions, also available on this website.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy by amending the policy on this page. Any changes will
apply from the date of amendment.
Collection of information
We only collect personal information about you when you enter it directly into our “donate now” form. No information about you is collected from third parties. The only exceptions are:
- Information from PayPal confirming the result of your PayPal payment transaction*; and
- Automatically generated information upon your submission of the “donate now” form, for example a timestamp noting the date and time of your donation.
* For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal does not provide us any information about your credit card or other payment details. We receive only confirmation of the transaction being successful or
unsuccessful and the amount paid.
Use of information
We will use your personal information to store a private list of donors, donation amounts and
contact details. We will disclosure your information only as set out below.
Only executive members of LFC Wellington, the organisers of the #KeepWellingtonBeating
campaign, and the managers of the Website will have access to this data set.
Disclosure of information
We will not disclose your information to any third party other than:
- electronically handing to PayPal your selected amount to pay and whether you will add the4% service fee, for payment processing by PayPal;
- disclosure of your name and donation amount by publication on the Website if you select“show my name on the donor list” when donating; and
- any third party as and when required to do so by law.
We will send an automated electronic receipt containing your name and donation information to the email address you provide us. If you win a prize we will contact you directly and not pass your details to the providers of any prize.
We reserve the right to use your information as otherwise agreed with you, for example if you
choose to sponsor the campaign and have your name or other details appear on the Website.
Protection of your personal information.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised
activity or other misuse.
We take reasonable steps to maintain a secure website and internet connection. However any
information you provide us with over the internet risks illegal access by third parties, for example by illegal access to our data systems, interception of your communications with us and our Website, or tracking any inputs on the device you use to submit information.
If you follow a link on our Website to another site, the owner of that site should have its own privacy
This Website uses PayPal for payment of donations. LFC Wellington and the
Access to your information
At any time you may ask us to confirm the information we hold about you, and may request that we make any edits or corrections to that information.
To access your information, or for any questions about this policy, please contact us using email@example.com